GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT GROUPS AND EVENTS!
Available Parish Media:
- Email Newsletter (All Parish & Young Adults)
- Narthex Screens/Café Slides
- Parish Website
- Slat Boards
Send submissions to your ministry’s staff liaison. If you do not know your staff liason or are a group outside the parish, please call the parish office and they will direct you.
- Priority is given to parish events.
- Events can appear in parish media for a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Ministry Leads (NOT Staff Liaisons) are responsible for creating the content.
- Layout, wording, formatting, and graphics of your submission will be edited at the discretion of the communications staff.
- Due to limited space, in times of high demand, some events may not be printed in the bulletin or displayed on the Narthex TVs.
- Graphics/photographs should be submitted in .jpg or .png format. Narthex TV slides (see procedures below) should be submitted in Power Point. PDF documents cannot be used.
How To Submit Announcements For The Narthex Screens
- Read the Guidelines below to ensure that your event or activity fits within the parameters for screen display
- Select the template that works best for your needs and add your picture and/or text
- Submit your completed announcement to your Staff Liaison for initial approval.
Screen Announcement Submission Guidelines
- ALL announcements must be submitted in Microsoft PowerPoint format on one of the preformatted templates that are available to the right. No fonts or layout may be changed but submitters are free to choose the layout that best meets their needs.
- All submissions need to be sent to your ministries Staff Liaison for approval.
- Announcements that are posted on the Narthex screens will promote events/opportunities that are of general interest to a larger segment of the parish
- Example: Sandwich makers – YES; Quilt blessing – YES, Group changes meeting time – NO, Young Adult Retreat – YES; Weekly or monthly meeting of a parish group – NO.
- Groups wanting to post an announcement to seek out new members will be able to do so at most every 2 months, space allowing, but no membership ads will be run on a weekly basis. The annoucement should be submitted on the Member Drive Template.
- No Personal announcements (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc.)
- Announcements can be added to the rotation UP TO one month before the event, but if it is a time of high demand, it may be held for a week or two, but will be prioritized as the event date nears.
- A maximum of 25 slides will run at any given time (5-7 seconds each)
- If you submit an announcement and your staff liaison or the committee decides that it will not run, you will be notified by email as to that decision and the reason for it.
- Priority will be given to the events that are announced according to the following:
- Sacramental events of the parish – Holy Days of Obligation, Christmas/Easter Masses, Anointing of the Sick, etc.
- Parish Life – Crab Feed, Service Day, School events open to the parish, Retreats, Parish Missions/speakers, etc.
- Parish Sponsored Activities – NBP, March for Life, etc
- Catholic Events – Speakers/Missions/Events at other parishes, Archbishop Burnett Retreat Center, etc.
- Other events as deemed appropriate
- Please email your Staff Liasion with any questions.
Small Picture / Member Drive
Use this if you would like to recruit new members to your ministry or group. It accommodates a square picture.
Text Only Yellow Banner
Use this if you would like to highlight certain information about your event.
Tips for effective event announcements